Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Ever Changing Garden

The lovely thing about gardening-- especially in a locale with distinct seasons-- is that it offers a visible reminder of the passage of time.

Of course, there are many people who would prefer to ignore the fact that time passes-- but I am not one of them. Although I have the sort of personality that tends towards wanting things to stay constant and reliable, I also love watching the changing seasons, weather and plants come and go outside.

Gardening has long offered me a sense of peace, and I find it relaxing, even when it is a lot of work. Sadly, I have seldom felt like I had "enough time" to do much gardening.

Although I had this strong need to start a gardening blog, I am not entirely sure (as of yet) what I really want to accomplish with these pages. I think, for the most part, this will be a quiet photographic meditation... a place for me to pause and reflect in a world that otherwise seems pretty hectic.

There will definitely be some photos to show the ongoing projects and progression of our garden, but I expect some of this space will also be given to various philosophical musings. After all, there are few things quite as effective as weeding or mowing the lawn, to allow a person to drift off in contemplation of the deeper meanings of life and the world around us.

I expect I will also use this space to experiment with my interest in macro (nature) photography. Some of the musings will be mine, but I am also hoping Sarah will be my co-contributor.

No comments:

Post a Comment